The North East Delight with Pelling tour is a golden chance to explore the hidden beauty of the India’s North-eastern region. Pay a visit to four beautiful towns, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Pelling and Gangtok. Explore some of the most well-known monasteries located in these regions. Marvel at natural splendors that bewitch you. The well-planned itinerary brings you being close to the Himalayan nature of the amazing northeast.
- Enjoy the Ropeway Ride at gangtok
- Excursion to yak ride at Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
- Enjoy the nature beauty and Goecha La Trek, Sikkim
- Visit Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom & Flower Show.
- Visit Tiger Hill to witness a beautiful sunrise
- Exploring to Rimbi Waterfalls and Khecheopalri Lake in Pelling
- Explore Tea Gardens, Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and Zoogical Park
- Explore Deola Hill, Monastery, Pine View Point, Orchid, Golf Club in Kalimpong
- Enjoy the Toy Train ride of Darjeeling
- An OSR Vacation representative will receive you at the New Jalpaiguri Railway Station/Bagdogra airport.
- From here, our representative will be assisting in your further journey to Darjeeling, which is around 68 km away. Located at an average height of 6700 ft, Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station that is famous for its scenic Himalayan trenches and sprawling tea estates.
- Here you also have the luxury of exploring its breathtaking beauty on a vintage train, which is famous as toy train.
- After an hour and forty minutes, you would be entering the mesmerizing surroundings of Darjeeling.
- Make a Check in to the hotel, relax for a while.
- Rest of the day would be free, so you can spend it at leisure or choose to walk out to the local market or a shopping mall.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Start your day fresh with a mountain trip to Tiger Hill. Being the highest point of Darjeeling, Tiger Hill offers some of the best sights of the Himalayas, which are apt to be visited early in the morning. Imagine yourself standing infront of the mighty Kanchenjunga peak, the snow clad peaks of which are turning golden due to the rising sun. This panoramic view is the best introduction of Tiger Hill. In order to catch this breathtaking sight, leave early from your hotel. The magnificent hill is around 11 km from the town of Darjeeling.
- As you climb down the hill, you would be embarking on a visit to the incredible Ghoom monastery and Batasia Loop. One of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in Darjeeling, Ghoom monastery is about 7 Km from the town and is famous for its huge statue of Lord Buddha.
- Post that, drive back to your hotel for a hearty breakfast. Rest of the day is scheduled for visiting major attractions inside the town.
- First on the list would be Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, followed by Lebong race course, Peace Pagoda, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center, Tensing-Gumbo rock, ropeway and Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological park, which houses the rare Snow leopard and Tibetan wolf.
- You also would be getting a chance to visit the lush green tea estates, which the town is so proud of.
- As you would be done with all the sightseeing, head back to the comfort of your hotel for an overnight stay.
- As soon as you are done with your breakfast, embark on a journey to Kalimpong, which is another famous hill station in the state of West Bengal. Kalimpong resides at an elevation of around 1200 meters and the main town is on a ridge area connecting two hills. Owing to its magnificent Himalayan beauty and invigorating climate, the place is no less than a paradise.
- After a journey of 1 hr and 40 mins, you would be arriving at Kalimpong. As you arrive, you would be quickly heading to a sightseeing tour of Kalimpong. Under this, you would be visiting Deolo hill, Teesta valley, Pine View Point, Orchid, Golf Club and Dr Graham’s Homes School.
- Amongst them, Deolo hill holds quite prominence. As mentioned earlier, Kalimpong lies on a ridge between two hills, Deolo hill is one of them. Situated at an elevation of around 1700 meters, Deolo hill is the highest point of the hill station. Owing to the location of the hill, you can have an enchanting view of the whole town of Kalimpong, the nearby Relli valley and the bloodline of Kalimpong, the beautiful Teesta river. Once you reach the top of the hill, you would be welcomed with a park of exotic flowers.
- Besides these attractions, our tour representative will also make you visit the scared Durpin hill and Durpin monastery, which is around 5 km from the main town of Kalimpong.
- After this, call it a day and make a check in to a pre-booked hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 5 of our exclusive tour is dedicated to tasting the flavors of the Himalayan town of Gangtok. Nestled in the Shivalik hills of the Himalayas, close to the Buddhist country of Bhutan, Gangtok is blessed with a mystical blend of natural beauty and Buddhism. Owing to this, Gangtok is dotted with several Buddhist monasteries that are believed to be quite ancient. Drive from Pelling to Gangtok is roughly going to take 2 hrs and 30 mins and as you arrive in Gangtok, you would be embarked on a sightseeing trip.
- Sightseeing in Gangtok includes the very famous Rumtek monastery, which is also the largest of its kind in the state. Serving as the an important seat of the Karmapa Lama, the monastery holds a lot of significance for the religion of Buddhism. It enshrines a golden Stupa that has relics of the ancient Karmapa in the form of statues and paintings. Make a visit here and shed all your travel tiredness in the spiritual ambience of the monastery. After Rumtek, you would be taken to Do Drul Chorten Stupa, which is one of the biggest in Sikkim. Encircled by Chorten Lhakhang and Guru Lhakhang, it boasts of two huge statues of Guru Rinpoche.
- As you would be done visiting the religious sects of Gangtok, head towards other attractions in the capital of the state, which include the Research Institute of Tibetology, Botanical Garden, Tashi View Point and Directorate of handicrafts and handlooms.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Being situated in the Himalayan topography, Gangtok has various natural attractions which are filled with mystical beauty and serenity. One of them is the breathtaking Tsomgo lake which offers one of the most beautiful sights in the region. The lake is nestled at an altitude of 12,400 ft and the drive from Gangtok to it is likely to take around 1 hour to reach. Tsomgo or Changu lake is actually a glacial lake, which derives its waters from the snow capped mountains it get surrounded by. The lake is also a home of Brahmin ducks and migratory birds. Being a prominent tourist place, the banks of the lake have shops selling trinkets and Yak cheese. So you can buy some for yourself. The locals also provide for yak rides so you can have a nice time exploring the breathtaking surroundings sitting on the back of a yak. Admire the beauty of the lake and pay a visit to the Lord Shiva temple, which is located on the banks of Tsomgo Lake. We can also visit Nathu La Pass, which is the border of India and China.
- Post this, move towards Baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial War temple, which is 20 kms from Tsomgo Lake near Gangtok. Situated at an altitude of around 13000 feet, close to Jelep Pass, is a memorial shrine, dedicated to a soldier of the 23rd Punjab Regiment, who died in the 1962 war between India and China. As per the legend, after meeting his tragic death in the war, soldier Harbhajan Singh came in the dream of one of his peers, and asked to build a war memorial after him. Following this, Indian Army built a war memorial in order to commemorate the sacrifice of this martyr. Later on, this memorial started enjoying the privileges of a sacred shrine. The original Baba Harbhajan Singh temple was built in the year 1983 at the bunker of the late soldier. When you will visit this bunker, you will come across dresses, stationeries and pictures of the soldier. There also lies a small wishing poodle, in which you can throw a coin and make a wish.
- After a day full of excursion, return back to your hotel in Gangtok. Spend the evening at leisure in your hotel or do some shopping in the nearby malls and market. Overnight stay in Gangtok.
- This day marks the end of our exclusive Northeast tour.
- Post breakfast, you would be transferred to New Jalpaiguri Station/Bagdogra Airport/ Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand for your onward journey back home.
- These destinations are around 130 Km from Gangtok so it is advised you start early.
- With this your 05 Nights tour comes to end with sweet memories of your trip with OSR Vacation .
- 01 Deluxe rooms in Darjeeling with Breakfast + Dinner on twin sharing basis.
- 01 Deluxe rooms in Kalimpong with Breakfast + Dinner on twin sharing basis.
- 01 Deluxe rooms in Pelling with Breakfast + Dinner on twin sharing basis.
- 01 Deluxe rooms in Gangtok with Breakfast + Dinner on twin sharing basis.
- Welcome drink on arrival
- All pick up; drop & local sightseeing will be through personal vechile in Darjeeling – Kalimpong – Pelling- Gangtok
- Complementary Doctor on call
- Complementary Return gift
- Inclusive of all toll, parking , fuel cost , driver allowances & intercity transport taxes
- 5% GST
- Extra Meal
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Camera fee
- Travel insurance
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- All personal expenses
- Airport, railway and bus transfers
- Any extra food, laundry, phone call charges
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Any cost of adventure sport activities
|No of Pax||2 Star||3 Star||4 Star|
Hotel to be used or similar
|Gangtok||Sai Residency||Denzong Renaissance||Elgin Nor-Khill|
|Darjeeling||Yuma||Hermon Hotel & Spa||Elgin|