Opt for Gangtey Trek-Bhutan, a tour package of 7 nights and 8 days which will offer you a chance to explore the mesmerizing of the Kingdom of Bhutan. During the tour, you will visit the popular destinations of this country along with its hidden villages. You will explore Paro, Thimphu, Gogona, Khotokha and Wangdue Phodrang. One of the major highlights of the tour is art lessons at a well-known painting school in Thimphu.
- Lunch at Tsele-la pass, en-route Gogona village
- Observe the lifestyle of nomadic people residing in Gogona
- Trek to the beautiful valley of Khotokha
- Explore Wangdue Phodrang Dzong at Wangdue Phodrang
- Visit Simtokha Dzong, a former Buddhist monastery
Itinerary Details of BhutanDay 1: Arrival at Paro airport- Transfer to Thimphu
- Board a flight to Bhutan. Officially known as The Kingdom of Bhutan, nestled in the majestic Himalayan ranges, it is the last remaining Buddhist country in the world.
- This country is also popular for its scenic beauty. Once you arrive at the Paro airport, you will be escorted to Thimphu, the capital city of the Kingdom.
- Stay Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
- Post breakfast, leave for sightseeing of Thimphu. You are going to visit Trashichhodzong, National Memorial Chhorten, and the Institute for Zorig Chusum, the famous Painting School teaching traditional art and craft of Bhutan. Later visit the National Library.
- Post lunch, you will begin your road journey towards Gangtey. Drive past the Dochula pass, located at a height of 3,088.
- Overnight camping in Gangtey.
- Your trek will begin today. Start moving upwards to Tsele-la pass, 3400 m, crossing fields and meadows. Halt for lunch. Post lunch trek is a descending one where you will cross the forests. After a short while, you reach Gogona, a small village.
- This is a nomadic village where people speak Bjopkha that is a language of nomadic people. This is a beautiful hamlet. After relaxing for some time and enjoying your lunch, enjoy a leisure walk around the hamlet and shop for handmade articles, prepared by the locals.
- Observe the locals’ lifestyle and their daily rituals. Overnight camping.
- Begin your day with an upward trek above the village of Gogona. You will climb up the forests of oak, fir and cypress. After a long climbing walk, you will reach the Shobju – la pass (3600m).
- Start your downward trek from here, which will lead you to the valley of Khotokha, filled with loads of natural beauty.
- This is a wide valley where the nomads of Sha, bring their animals in the summer season for grazing. Overnight stay in camps.
- After breakfast, begin your upward trek to a pass, from where a steep descending trek will begin where you are going to pass through a wide variety of vegetation. The trek also crosses Chazam village.
- Cross a bridge to arrive at Wangdue Phodrang, a town which shares its name with a Dzong built in 1638, which is also the major attraction here.
- Explore the Dzong. Relax and later enjoy the scenic surroundings. Overnight stay at Wangdue Phodrang.
- After breakfast, begin trekking towards the Punakha valley. On the way, enjoy the mesmerizing surroundings. Later drive towards Thimphu. Have your breakfast and leave for a tour of Thimphu.
- Depending on time and energy, you may cover attractions like Papermaking Factory, Folk Heritage and National Textile Museums, Handicrafts Emporium and the market.
- Overnight stay in Thimphu.
- In the morning after breakfast, you are going to drive towards Paro, a town with a number of historic and sacred buildings. On the way, you will cover Simtokha Dzong, a dzong which was earlier a Buddhist monastery.
- After lunch, you will visit Ta Dzong (National Museum), Rinpung Dzong, Drukgyel Dzong and Kyichu Lhakhang. Overnight stay.
- Have your breakfast and leave for Paro airport to catch a flight for your onward destination.