Trip Highlights Itinerary Price Inclusions
Beautiful Snow Laden Places To Visit In India In December 2018
1. Thajiwas Glacier, Sonamarg, Jammu and Kashmir – The snowy wonderland
Witness the beginning of snowfall in December as you go about the glacial sighting in this winter wonderland. The weather at the meadow of gold, Sonamarg, drops down to subzero levels during this month.
Visit the undiscovered Thajiwas glacier, located just 7 kilometers. Sledge rides, snowboarding, and skiing are the best things to do in December here. Sport a red Santa Claus coat and hop onto a sledge singing ‘jingle bells’ with breathtaking hills on the backdrop at one of the best places to visit in December in India.
2. Dawki, Shillong – With water so clear it sparks optical illusion
- The place becomes heavenly in December with a pleasant temperature ranging from 12 to 20 degrees. Shillong is the only hill station in the country which is accessible from all sides. The water of Unmgot river in Dwaki is so clear that a boat floating on it, seems like it’s flying in mid-air. Shillong definitely needs to be added to your list of top tourist places in India for winter. You can also, relish the sweet and juicy oranges at the border town near the river.The river is not the only place here. Entertain yourself at some really amazing festivals organized here in December—Tysim Festival, Baghmara, Pinjera Festival, Williamnagar and Tura Winter Festival, Tura at one of the best places to visit in December.
3. Manali, Himachal Pradesh – A beloved winter destination of India
- ITall deodar trees, towering mountains, curvy roads, and heavy snowfall, Manali is one of the best places in India during December. A paradise for newlyweds and snow lovers, this hill station is also a great place for adventure sports like paragliding, ice skating, rappelling, and rock climbing. One can also do Lamadugh Meadows, Solang Valley, and the Koshla-Tree line trek during the month of December.
4. Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh – Mesmerizing with the Colonial charm
- The picturesque town of Dalhousie is one of the best places to visit in India during December. But what makes it oneo of the best places to visit in December in India? With its snow flake covered Deodar forests , the view is absolutely quintessential! This gorgeous winter destination becomes a ramp opened to the chilly breeze with a view of snow-capped mountains. Additionally, all the trekking enthusiasts must visit Dalhousie in Decemberto attend the National Himalayan Winter Trekking Expedition.
5. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – The Queen of Hills
IHow could we miss out on the most beautiful place to visit in December, the Queen of Hill Stations—Shimla! Let’s go for a colonial walk in the most romantic getaway in India. Walk through the snow floors with long boots and visit the Chail town. You will encounter immense peace beyond the crowd of Shimla. Click the perfect selfie with your loved one at the most erotic honeymoon destinations in India in December. Take a joyride at the Winter Sports Festival in Shimla—enjoy the natural ice-skiing and hanging balloons to enjoy the pleasant Shimla weather in December.
Shimla temperature in December: -2°C to 10°C
6. Auli, Uttarakhand – Skiing capital of India
The snow clad peaks of the Neelkant, Mana Parbat, and Nanda Devi give an awe-inspiring panoramic view of the hills which will make your toes freeze, especially at the time of Christmas. Want to learn skiing at one of the best skiing places to visit in December? Well, then you’ve to add Auli to your list of places to explore in December. It is the time when you can start learning this thrilling adventure sport. And if you think skiing is your thing, you must attend the National Championship of Skiing held in January at Auli.
7. Chopta, Uttarakhand – Perfect for both adventure-lovers and peace-seekers
One of the best destinations to visit in December, Chopta offers a panoramic view of snow laden Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Chaukhamba. One can feel the freshness and romance in the air of Chopta. It isn’t just a destination to watch mesmerizing snowfall, but also a great trekking destination for adventure lovers.
8. Binsar, Uttarakhand – Adorned with sky-kissing peaks
- Binsar is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular places to visit in winter in India. In the lap of statuesque and breathtakingly beautiful peaks of Nanda Devi, Pachachuli, and Trishul, lies the sleepy hill town. Binsar is mainly known for the serene and dense forests of Binsar wildlife sanctuary. One can admire the panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks like Kedarnath and Nanda Devi from Zero Point in Binsar. Among the best places to visit in December in India, Binsar is every photographer’s, every poet’s, and every writer’s dream.
9. Mukteshwar, Uttarakhand – For that serene weekend getaway
2,285 mt above sea level, Mukteshwar is among the most spectacular winter places in India. The marvelous views of imposing Himalayan peaks and the dense forests of the hill station fascinate young couples and nature lovers. The snow-clad slopes and the green meadows covered under a thick but soft snow make Mukteshwar one of the most romantic destinations to visit in India during winter.
10. Leh, Ladakh – Hailing the thrill-seeking trekkers
The crystal blue ice and the hills on the backdrop will flabbergast you. The only frozen ice trek in India is incredible! The extreme adventures of the Chadar trek couples with -14 degree Celsius temperature. There are other amazing treks besides Chadar namely—Sham trek, Liker to Khaltse trek and Samboo to Khalsar. Too daring an adventure? Worry not, take a cup of hot chocolate and unwind in the God’s paradise!
11. Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir – Indeed a heavenly destination
Do you remember that song from the movie Mission Kashmir -‘Socho ke jheelon ka ek shehar ho’ in Shikara featuring Preity Zinta and Hrithik Roshan? Well, then you can actually reshoot the same scene with your love at this romantic hideaway in India. The best part, temperature in December just touches the freezing point. Explore Gulmarg and go skiing on the fresh snow. Don’t miss the Gulmarg Snow festival that makes this one of the best places to visit in December. It is just 56 kilometers from Srinagar.
12. Nagoa Beach, Diu – Hosting the happening beach festival
The virgin beaches of Diu are so breathtaking in December that you’ve to see it to believe it. The temperature ranges 16 degree to 23 degree Celsius. Bonfire on the pristine beaches create wonders as Diu is out of the ordinary honeymoon destinations in India in December. The uncharted union territory of India has a unique festival which ,starting in December, can accompany you in your exciting trip. The Festa De Diu—Asia’s longest beach festival invites you to celebrate this New Year. Come get pampered!
13. Small Vagator, Goa – The venue of many music festivals and events
Goa is amongst the most popular places to visit in December in India. The casinos in Goa become wilder during this month which is why the place got it’s name as the ‘Las Vegas of India’. The fireworks and the trance music with sand tickling your toes is best feeling you can have during new years! The list does not end here—loudest EDM party, feast of St.Francis Xavier, VH1 Supersonic and Sunburn Music Festival come complimentary. The place has exactly everything to offer what you expect for a kickass Christmas and New Year.
14. Mylapore, Chennai – Enjoying the pleasant weather
Chennai is hotter in other months, but it is one of the most popular places to visit in December in India. Sip coconut water, stroll along the longest beach of India & feel the pleasant breeze through your hair. And coconut water isn’t the only beverage to quench your thirst here, Pondicherry, just 2 hours from Chennai, offers cheap booze! Spend some bugs for the love of music while traveling to Chennai. Visit Madras Music Festival and 89th Annual Conferences and Concerts
15. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island – One of Asia’s best beaches
One of the most popular holiday destinations in India in December is Havelock Island of Andaman, where lies the gorgeous Radhanagar Beach. Situated about 12 km from Havelock’s ferry pier, it is titled as “Asia’s best beach” and “the world’s 7th best beach” by Time Magazine. The stunning curve of white sand, the beautiful palm trees, and the blue waters can be all yours this December.
16. Kovalam Beach, Kerala – Catching the eyes with its lighthouse
The beautiful waters of Kovalam Beach are great for swimming and trying adventure sports. About 16 km away from Kovalam, the beach is ideal for sunbathing and watching beautiful sunsets. The chilly month of December is an ideal time to visit the splendid beaches and enjoy the warm water of the Arabian Sea.
Offbeat Places To Visit In India In December
17. Rann Of Kutch, Gujarat – The white desert that gets colored with cultural extravaganza this time around
December is the best time to explore the white desert to see the salt turn blue under the moonlit sky. A stay at a tent in the outskirts of Dhordo village is an enchanting experience. Kutch becomes alive during December with loads of celebrations—The Kutch Festival. The only festival which extends for two long months is held in this salty land. Visit the Rann Utsav for an everlasting experience
18. Wayanad, Kerala – Where nature stays unperturbed
Are you searching for some December vacation destinations in South India? This green paradise rests amidst the gorgeous mountains of the Western Ghats. The history, culture, forests, food, and people, everything about Wayanad is incredibly awesome. There are plenty of trekking routes and bird watching spots that attract tourists from all over India. Wayanad is truly a heaven waiting to be discovered by nature and adventure lovers, making it one of the most gorgeous places to visit in December in India.
19. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh – A famous yet offbeat destination to head to
One of the most gorgeous and difficult-to-reach December vacation destinations, Tawang is a paradise for explorers and adventure enthusiasts. Untouched by commercialization, this place offers magnificent views of the snow-covered Himalayas, ancient monasteries, and valleys wrapped by colourful prayer flags. The beauty and solitude of Gudpi and Chong-Chugmi ranges, Tawang chu River and Tawang valley. Those who want to experience the fun of celebrating Torgya festival can visit Tawang in January and in February for Losar festival.
20. Udaipur, Rajasthan – The Venice of East, without doubt
This city of lakes with its magnificent gifts—Lake Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Monsoon Palace and Jag Mandir is amongst the perfect places for a December vacation. The best part of Udaipur is that it is located at the base of Aravali hills. The temperature of Venice of the east in December is cold because of the surrounding hills but the lakes nullifies the extreme effects. So, what you get as a result is fabulous. And all you art lovers, plan your trip around Shilpgram Arts and Crafts Festival to explore some endemic traditional crafts. You could learn crafting skills from the famous artisans too.
For best deals call us:- 9555961410/Mail us firstname.lastname@example.org